Aid agency says 1 of its Yemen facilities hit by airstrike

A small medical facility run by Doctors Without Borders in the northern Yemeni province of Saada was destroyed by two airstrikes but there were no casualties, the aid group’s chief in Yemen said Tuesday. The first strike came around 11pm on Monday and hit a building housing the facility’s administration offices, according to Hassan Boucenine, who spoke to The Associated Press by telephone from the southern port city of Aden. No one was inside at the time, he said, adding that by the time a second strike targeted the main nearby building about 10 minutes later, its occupants — some 12 staff and patients — had been evacuated. “It’s completely destroyed,” Boucenine said. The group operates in eight Yemeni governorates at a time when many foreign aid groups and even United Nations personnel have been evacuated.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *