Belgian prosecutors call for details on main Paris attacks suspect

BRUSSELS – Authorities do not know the “exact path” taken by Salah Abdeslam, a key suspect in the Paris attacks who had crisscrossed Europe ahead of the Nov. 13 bloodbath then fled the scene, a Belgian federal prosecutor said Monday.

Abdeslam, suspected as a logistician in the attacks that killed 130 people, was arrested Friday after a four-month manhunt in the same neighborhood in Brussels where he grew up. Belgian prosecutor Frederic Van Leeuw told reporters at a news conference in Brussels that investigators hope to find out the details

of Abdeslam’s actions between the Nov. 13 attacks and his arrest, “if he decides to tell us.” Abdeslam, 26, a French citizen who grew up in Brussels’ heavily immigrant Molenbeek neighborhood, slipped through police fingers on multiple occasions, including the day after the attacks. He was interviewed three times Saturday, the day after his capture — once by prosecutors and twice by an investigating judge — and “wasn’t in great shape” because he had been shot in the leg by police during his capture, Van Leeuw said.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4781346,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *