Jewish Home chairman and Education Minister Naftali Bennett on Friday presented a plan to stop the latest terror wave against Israelis.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced that the Security Cabinet will convene on Saturday night at 10:00 p.m. following the shooting attack south of Hevron.
Bennett's plan for stopping the terror is as follows:
1. Arrest and imprisonment for the families of the terrorists and perhaps even deportation. Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked has been working to promote the issue.
2. Immediately demolish the thousands of illegal Arab buildings which have been approved for demolition.
3. Impose a total curfew on the village from which the terrorists came and its surroundings.
4. Shut down Facebook, the internet and 3G in the entire Hevron area as preventive and not punitive action. Facebook is a central incitement tool in this viral wave of terrorism, noted Bennett.
5. Stop all Hamas activists in Judea and Samaria, as the IDF did during Operation Brother's Keeper, after the kidnapping of the three yeshiva students two years ago.
6. Prevent the transfer of funds to the families of terrorist murderers, effective immediately.
7. Re-arrest terrorists freed in the Shalit deal who committed offenses in the past two years.
8. Resume the IDF's military activities in Areas A and B.
9. Build two Jewish neighborhoods in Kiryat Arba.
10. A Mini “Operation Defensive Shield” in the Hevron area.
11. Stop Palestinian traffic on Highway 60.
“Viral terrorism cannot be stopped with a closure,” Bennett said Friday afternoon. “No barrier will stop terrorists who see that the family of the murderer is not paying the price. We cannot settle for the imposition of closures or stopping the funds to the Palestinian Authority as the family of the terrorist continues to receive payments. Without action, the family of the murderer of Hallel Ariel will receive its pension on the first of August.”
Bennett's plan was presented hours after an Israeli was murdered in yet another shooting attack at the Adorayim Junction south of Hevron in Judea.
The attack came just hours after an attempted stabbing at the Tomb of the Patriarchs in nearby Hevron.
In that incident, a female Arab terrorist was shot dead when she drew a knife and attempted to stab Israeli soldiers guarding the holy site. There were no Israeli casualties in that incident.
(Arutz Sheva’s North American desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)