A Gazan was found dead on Saturday and another remains missing after the collapse of yet another tunnel on the Egypt border, the interior ministry in Hamas-run Gaza said, according to AFP.
On Thursday, rescue services said seven men had been trapped in the collapse of a tunnel.
Five were rescued, but "the body of Fadi Abu Dan was pulled out as the search continues for someone else," the ministry said on Saturday.
On Thursday, a local civil defense official described the underground passage from the southern Gaza town of Rafah into neighboring Egypt as a "trade tunnel".
Since January 26, 12 Gazans have been killed in five separate tunnel collapses – most of them Hamas terrorists – with both Israel and Egypt operating against the diggers.
The passages to Egypt are used for transit of commercial goods, cash, people and weapons. Much of the goods flowing into and out of Gaza are coordinated with the Egyptian branch of the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist group, known as "Sinai Province."
Hamas has been working hard to rebuild its network of tunnels – including attack tunnels into Israel and smuggling tunnels to and from Egypt – which were largely destroyed during the 2014 Operation Protective Edge.
Following the first tunnel collapse, Hamas deputy leader Ismail Haniyeh finally publicly confirmed what had been well-known for a long time, that the group is rebuilding its tunnel infrastructure.