The Danish Foreign Ministry on Friday told its citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to Tunisia, saying there is “a high terror risk”, reports The Associated Press (AP).
The ministry did not elaborate but Danes traditionally follow Britain when it comes to travel advisories, the news agency noted. A day earlier, Britain had urged its citizens to leave Tunisia, saying an extremist attack was “highly likely” despite Tunisia’s enhanced security measures.
On June 26, a gunman killed 38 tourists, mostly Britons, in the coastal resort of Sousse. Following that, Danish tour operators immediately stopped flying to the popular destination for Europeans, noted AP.
Tunisian authorities have said the terrorist, 23-year-old Seifeddine Rezgui, acted alone during the attack, though they believe he had accomplices who supported him beforehand. Last week there had been eight suspects, including a woman, who remained in custody on suspicion of being directly linked to the attack.
Meanwhile, according to AP, Finland’s Foreign Ministry also said Friday “there’s a possibility of terror acts” in Tunisia but did not specifically tell travelers not to go.
However, it did add that Tunisian “authorities are not capable of sufficiently guaranteeing security at the tourist resorts.”
(Arutz Sheva’s North American desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)