GAZA CITY – The relatives of one of four Palestinian children killed on a Gaza beach during the war between Hamas and Israel last year are outraged that the investigation into their deaths has been closed.
Mohammed Bakr, the father of one of the boys, said Friday, “there is no justice in the internal investigation.” The incident drew international outcry and will probably be among those the Palestinians will present in a war crimes case against Israel in the International Criminal Court. The military’s announcement was released Thursday night. It said the children’s tragic deaths in an airstrike were an accident and did not affect the legality of its military actions in Gaza. No action is being taken against those involved.