France Charges Six With Recruiting Jihadists

Six men of Chechen origin are facing terrorism charges in France over a suspected recruiting ring sending jihadist fighters to Syria, the Paris prosecutor's office said Friday, according to The Associated Press (AP).

The men, aged 32 to 38, were handed preliminary charges for alleged preparation of terrorist acts and for terror financing, according to a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office.

The six were arrested on Sunday near the city of Toulouse and the town of Albi in southern France. Four were political refugees in France, one had dual French and Russian nationalities, and another received French citizenship in 2009.

All six were ordered held without bail, according to AP.

French police have conducted several anti-terror operations following last month's terrorist attacks in and near Paris but authorities said the arrests of the six men of Chechen origin were not linked to those attacks.

A week before the six were arrested, French police arrested eight people suspected of involvement in a network that allegedly sent people to Syria to wage jihad.

European Muslims have reportedly flocked to join ISIS in Iraq and Syria. This also includes France, where over 1,000 citizens are predicted to have joined ISIS. Shockingly enough, those recruits include several Jewish girls who apparently converted to Islam.

France's justice minister said this week that France has dismantled about 15 terrorist networks as part of its wide-ranging campaign to eradicate terrorism within the country's borders.

(Arutz Sheva’s North American desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/191323

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *