Girl, 3, Electrocuted While on Vacation in the North

A three year-old girl suffered an electric shock on Thursday while on vacation with her family at the Druze village of Beit Jann in the Upper Galilee.

The accident occurred when an electric cable mistakenly entered into the jacuzzi or pool the child was sitting in. 

The family immediately called Magen David Adom, whose paramedics briefed the family on how to perform basic CPR. 

Simultaneously, another family member was sent to a nearby clinic, in order to alert a doctor with a defibrillator device to restore the girl's heartbeat until the arrival of Mobile Intensive Care Units to the scene. 

Magen David Adom paramedics arrived on the scene and provided the child with medical treatment; they were successful in resuscitating her. 

The girl was evacuated to Rambam Hospital in critical condition. 

Both detectives from the Lev HaGalil unit and the Ministry of Labor made their way to the scene to investigate potential negligence. 

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/199697

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *