Islamic Jihad terrorist Mohammed Allan, who got his administrative arrest canceled last week through a hunger strike, gave an interview to the Hamas journal saying he will hunger strike again if Israel rearrests him in the future.
Allan, who is suspected of recruiting and directing suicide bombers and aiding fugitive terrorists during the Second Intifada, spoke to the Hamas paper from his hospital bed in Barzilai Hospital in Ashkelon.
"Currently I am classified as released. If the Israeli occupation arrests me again I will hunger strike again until they put an end to the tragedy I am going through, (as are) hundreds of other administrative detainees like me sitting in their jails," he said.
"Administrative detention robs the life from hundreds of prisoners and causes them to pay a heavy price, without any guilt or indictment against them," he claimed. "This policy needs to stop immediately."
Administrative detention, which was first instituted by the British during their mandate, is a tool sometimes used when the Israel Security Agency (ISA) does not want to have to disclose the sources of its information about a terror suspect.
The Supreme Court last Wednesday canceled Allan's administrative arrest due to his medical condition – despite just 15 days earlier rejecting his petition against the arrest.
That decision came after the state said it would immediately release Allan if he were to suffer irreversible brain damage. Doctors hours later found brain damage in an MRI scan, although whether it is reversible or not remains unclear.
Regardless, the court ordered Allan to be released in November when his detention runs out, ruling out its extension.