Iran is continuing to threaten to retaliate against Israel for an airstrike last week, in which Iran's General Mohammad Ali Allahdadi was killed.
On Monday, a senior official in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, General Ramezan Sharif, declared that the airstrike “will accelerate the collapse of the Zionist regime.”
“Undoubtedly, the bloods shed in the front of awakening the Islamic Ummah have provided the ground more than ever for wiping out the Zionist regime,” Sharif said in Tehran, according to the Fars news agency.
He called on Muslim states to unite and said that the Islamic countries should desist from provoking rifts and use all their capacities to fight “the child-killing Zionist regime” instead.
Another Iranian official, General Mohammad Reza Naqdi, said that the airstrike justified “striking painful blows at the Zionist regime.”
Naqdi warned “the Zionists” that they would soon be forced to leave “the occupied Palestinian territories”, and added, according to Fars, "They will not experience tranquility, these bloods will not remain without a response and they should remain fully alerted until complete annihilation of the Zionist regime."
In the airstrike, six Iran-proxy Hezbollah terrorists were killed, including Jihad Mughniyeh who was the son of the late Hezbollah commander Imad Mughniyeh. Six Iranian soldiers were also killed, including Allahdadi.
Reportedly the 12 were engaged in a surveillance mission planning an attack on Israel from the Syrian side of the Golan Heights when they were taken out by a missile fired from an IDF helicopter.
Monday’s threats are the latest in a series of threats from Iranian officials over the airstrike. Several days ago, General Hossein Salami, deputy commander of the Revolutionary Guards, threatened a missile attack on Israel, indicating it would come from Judea and Samaria and not from Lebanon.
Going further, Revolutionary Guards Minister Mohsen Rafighdoost said last Wednesday that the strike would pave the way for a war against Israel.
As well, a Farsi-language Iranian news site affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards, has suggested that the sons of Israeli leaders are being targeted as a response to the Israeli airstrike.
The news site, Mashregh News, detailed that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's sons Yair and Avner may be targeted, and likewise listed the sons of former prime ministers, including Ehud Olmert's son Shaul and Ariel Sharon's sons Gilad and Omri.