Iraqi troops, militias repel ISIS attacks in Anbar province

BAGHDAD – Iraqi forces and Shiite militiamen repelled two Islamic State attacks in Anbar province, Iraqi officials said Saturday. In one attack, they used anti-tank missiles to take out four would-be suicide car bombs.

Islamic State militants attacked the government-held town of Husseiba with heavy mortar fire early Saturday. Police and military officials said that after an hours-long battle, the attackers retreated, leaving behind three destroyed vehicles and five dead fighters. At least 10 troops and militiamen were wounded in the battle. Iraqi forces took Husseiba, near the militant-held provincial capital of Ramadi, from ISIS last month.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4665447,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *