The Islamist group that fired rockets at southern Israel Wednesday night said Thursday that it would continue its “way of Jihad” and “attack the Jews” – whether or not Hamas approved. And the next attack, it said, would come within hours.
In a statement, the “Sheikh Amar Hadid Brigades” said that the rockets were fired in revenge for “the death of an Islamic State member in Gaza by Hamas members."
"We have repeated that we will continue in the way of Jihad against the Jews, the enemies of Allah. No one will stop us from fulfilling our obligation and attacking the Jews.”
Several days ago, the same jihadist group took responsibility for the firing of a Grad rocket at Ashdod last week.
The group has since presented Hamas with an ultimatum demanding that it be allowed to attack Israel from Gaza and on Thursdaysaid it would conduct another attack on the Jewish state within 12 hours.
Earlier this week, a group claiming to be associated with ISIS operating in Gaza claimed it killed a top Hamas commander. According to the group, which calls itself the Army of the Islamic State, Saber Siam was killed when ISIS operatives placed a bomb on his car, blowing it up with him inside.
Siam was killed, the group said, because he was “a partner in a declared war against religion and against Muslims, working for the heretical government in Gaza.”
ISIS warned Hamas to immediately “end its war against religion in Gaza” or “face the consequences.” The group also sent out warnings on social media to Gaza residents to stay away from Hamas offices and buildings, lest they find themselves swept up in attacks against the group.
On Thursday, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said that the IDF would continue attacking all terror threats against Israel, inside Gaza or out of it.
“Even if the groups that fired rockets at Israel Wednesday night were gangs of disaffected Jihadists seeking to challenge Hamas by attacking us, we see Hamas as responsible for these attacks. We will not tolerate attacks on our civilians.”