Israel’s Counter-Terrorism Bureau: Istanbul bomber did not target Israelis

Israel’s Counter-Terrorism Bureau said Sunday that the suicide bomber who killed three Israeli tourists in Istanbul last month did not specifically target Israelis but was taking aim at tourism in Turkey in general.

The bureau, connected to the Prime Minister’s Office, recently issued a travel advisory for Turkey, warning Israeli citizens to leave as soon as possible and avoid traveling there. The travel advisory remains in place despite the new security assessment. The bureau said that Israeli security agencies carried out a month-long investigation into the blast, which took place next to an Israeli culinary tour group and also killed an Iranian tourist. Turkey identified the bomber as having links to the Islamic State group.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4795584,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *