Jewish Home Demands Construction in Response to Terror

The Jewish Home party on Wednesday called on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to respond to the latest wave of terrorist attacks by renewing construction in Judea and Samaria and by cancelling some of the “gestures” given to Palestinian Arabs in honor of Ramadan.

The call was made after members of the faction held an urgent meeting following the recent attacks. During the meeting, party chairman Naftali Bennett informed the members of the party about his meeting with Netanyahu.

In a statement after the meeting, the party said that it demands that Netanyahu build in Judea and Samaria, strengthen the settlement enterprise and cancel the Ramadan gestures.

“The Jewish Home faction will not ignore the murder of Jews," the statement said, but did not specify whether the demands were an ultimatum to the Prime Minister or simply a clarification of the party’s position.

Earlier on Wednesday, demonstrators began gathering outside the Prime Minister's Residence in protest of the wave of terror targeting the Binyamin region, most recently the murder of Malachi Moshe Rosenfeld in a shooting attack near Shvut Rachel on Monday night. 

Critically injured in the attack, Rosenfeld succumbed to his wounds on Tuesday evening at Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem. Thousands attended his funeral in Kokhav HaShahar late Wednesday morning. 

Also on Wednesday, Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon visited wounded Israelis from the latest terror attacks and vowed to put an end to terrorism.

"We have thwarted over two hundred attempted attacks since the beginning of last year, and we will also get to these murderers and terrorists," said Netanyahu. "We will also exact a heavy price on the terrorists and their dispatchers and their supporters."

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/197577

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *