Kuwait on Tuesday charged 29 people over the suicide bombing of a Shiite mosque last month, claimed by the Islamic State (ISIS) group, that killed 26 people and wounded more than 200, AFP reported.
The attack, carried out by a Saudi, was the worst in Kuwait's history.
Those charged included seven Kuwaitis, five Saudis, three Pakistanis, 13 stateless people known as bidoons, and another person at large, the prosecution said, cited by the official KUNA news agency.
Of the 29 charged, 24 are detained in Kuwait and the remaining five will be tried in absentia. Among the latter are two Saudi brothers who allegedly transported the explosives to Kuwait and are being held in Saudi Arabia.
The prosecution charged two of the suspects with premeditated murder and attempted murder, according to AFP.
Two others were charged with training in the use of explosives, nine with assisting in committing the crime and the rest with knowing of the attack without informing the authorities.
An ISIS-affiliated group calling itself Najd Province claimed the bombing and also said it carried out suicide attacks at two Shiite mosques in Saudi Arabia in May.
ISIS considers Shiite Muslims to be heretics and has targeted them across the region.
The attack in Kuwait occurred hours after a Muslim terrorist decapitated one man and injured several others in an attack on a French gas company. It was followed by an attack on a Tunisian seaside resort in which 28 people were killed.
The attacks occurred during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan and ISIS group had urged its followers to step up attacks during the fasting month against Christians, Shiites and Sunni Muslims fighting with a U.S.-led coalition against the group.
But the State Department said there was no evidence so far that the three attacks were coordinated.