Kuwaiti newspapers: Arms seized in Kuwait came from Iran

KUWAIT – A huge arms cache seized in Kuwait last week was smuggled into the country from Iran, two Kuwaiti newspapers reported on Sunday.

The Interior Ministry said on Thursday authorities had found ammunition, explosives, weapons and grenades in holes dug under houses in an area near the Iraqi border. Three men who owned the houses were detained. Al-Anba newspaper reported at the time that the weapons had been smuggled across the border from Iraq for use by members of an Iranian-backed Hezbollah cell. But al-Rai and al-Qabas dailies, citing unnamed sources, reported on Sunday that the weapons had been brought into Kuwait by sea from Iran. They quoted the sources as saying that the new information had come from confessions made by the detainees during interrogation. Al-Qabas said the number of suspects held had risen to 13.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4691270,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *