Lebanon charges 28 over cafe bombing

Lebanon charged 28 people on Tuesday for involvement in a double suicide bomb attack in the northern city of Tripoli this month which killed at least nine people, a judicial source said. Four of those charged by the main military court are in custody after being arrested last week on suspicion of belonging to a terrorist organization that was plotting to carry out further attacks in Lebanon, the source said. The other 24 people charged remain at large, the source added. The bombing by suspected Sunni Islamist militants took place at a cafe in an Alawite neighborhood of Tripoli on January 10.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4617295,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *