International supermodel Naomi Campbell will be arriving in Israel for the first time next week, to take part in a special International Women's Day event at the invitation of former Israeli President Shimon Peres.
Campbell and Peres will join other notables including Larry King and Niv Jacobi for the Women Leading Change conference next Tuesday, March 8, at the Peres Center for Peace in Tel Aviv.
A press release announcing her visit said that "Campbell has long wished to visit Israel, particularly after learning about the important work of the Ninth President Shimon Peres in promoting peace and advancing women in society. Peres, who has long filled his core managerial team with strong professional women, recently received an award for his leadership in advancing women from Saloona."
Campbell will also be welcomed in Tel Aviv by 100 Israeli and Palestinian schoolchildren taking part in the Peres Center's Girls' Twinned Peace Sports Schools program, where the team captains will present Campbell with a personalized soccer jersey.
During the conference, the Ninth President will present the International Supermodel with the "Women Leading Change" award in honor of her important work for women and communities in need across the world.
Both Peres and Campbell will then participate in a joint moderated Q&A session on stage and will honor Israeli women who are trailblazers in various fields in Israeli society including business, education, technology and society.
Award-winners hail from across the political, religious and ethnic spectrum, and include:
- Adina Bar Shalom, daughter of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef and founder of the Haredi College
- Leading businesswoman Ofra Strauss
- Israel's first Druze pilot Professor Anan Falah
- Israeli political blogger and journalist Tal Schneider
- Tal Granot-Goldstein, CEO of HOT
- Leading Ethiopian-Jewish activist Inbar Bogla
- Nadia Kinani, Principal of Hand in Hand, a bilingual school for Jewish and Arab children
- Iris Beck-Codner, Group EVP of Corporate Marketing & Communication for Teva Pharmaceutical
The conference will be attended by over 200 women including opinion leaders, Ambassadors, Mayors, CEO’s, educators, journalists, and more.