Hours ahead of a High Court hearing on his potential release, hunger-striking terrorist prisoner Mohammed Allaan's lawyer, Jamil Hatib, told Israeli news site NRG Wednesday morning that authorities had offered to release him in the coming months.
Hatib said he received an offer from the State Prosecution, according to which Allaan will be released in early November, at the end of his current, second term of administrative incarceration – and that his administrative detention will not be renewed a third time.
The lawyer said he expects Allaan to accept the offer.
Allaan, 31, emerged from a coma on Tuesday afternoon, and pledged to resume fasting if Israel did not resolve his case within 24 hours.
On Wednesday morning, his brother relayed that Allaan intends to instruct doctors at Barzilai Hospital in Ashkelon to cease all treatment.
"Today at 12, he will stop the feeding being given to him," Imad Allaan told Army Radio. "He's not with us. Half of him is in a different world. Anyone who sees him would say on the spot 'release him, he's going to die.'"
Barzilai Hospital confirmed that if Allaan and his family requested to stop all treatment, doctors would not refuse them.
"If he doesn't want treatment, he is responsible for his own actions and we won't take care of him," explained the hospital's director, Dr. Hezi Levy. "We are working according to Israeli law."
Allaan began his hunger strike 64 days ago, in protest against being held on administrative detention. A new law authorized the Israel Prison Service to force-food him, though the doctors originally treating him in Soroka Hospital refused to do so, and the ones treating him now at Barzilai Hospital have not yet indicated they would do so either
He lost consciousness last week, leading to protests both against his treatment and against offering leniency to a terrorist.
Islamic Jihad, of which Allaan is a member, has threatened "to violate [its] ceasefire" with Israel if Allaan dies before being released.