RIYADH – Saudi-led air strikes killed 41 civilians and wounded 75 on Tuesday in Yemen’s northwestern province of Haja, a senior provincial health official said, a region largely controlled by the Iran-allied Houthi militia.
A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition that intervened in Yemen’s civil war was not immediately available for comment. Three
of Tuesday’s air raids hit an outdoor market in the Mustaba district, Ayman Mathkour, director of the Haja health department, told Reuters. He said relatives gathered the bodies and took the wounded to Abs and Mustaba hospitals. Saba Net, a Yemeni news agency controlled by the Houthis, reported that 65 people had been killed and 55 wounded in the strike on a market and restaurant in Mustaba. A spokesman for the coalition was not immediately available for comment. The global charity Medicins Sans Frontieres (MSF) said earlier on Tuesday that more than 40 people, all of them civilians including an eight-year-old in critical condition, were admitted to Abs Hospital after an air strike in Mustaba.