Saudi-led Yemen coalition removed from UN child rights blacklist pending review

UNITED NATIONS – The United Nations said on Monday it had removed the Saudi Arabia-led coalition fighting in Yemen from a child rights blacklist pending a joint review by the world body and the coalition of the cases of child deaths and injuries. The UN report on children and armed conflict – released last Thursday – said the coalition was responsible for 60 percent of child deaths and injuries in Yemen last year, killing 510 and wounding 667, and half the attacks on schools and hospitals. Following a complaint by Saudi Arabia, however, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon agreed to a joint review by the world body and the coalition of the cases cited in the annual report of states and armed groups that violate children’s rights in war.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4812857,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *