Security cabinet approves ‘aggressive steps’ in wake of recent attacks

Israel is using “aggressive measures” against terrorism that it has not used in the past, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the cabinet on Sunday, hours after his security cabinet decided on a series of steps aimed at tamping down the recent uptick in attacks.

Among these measures, he said, are the cordoning off the Hebron region, home to 700,000 people; denial of work permits for residents of Bani Na’im, the village near Hebron where six terrorists have come from; a massive deployment of IDF forces in the region, with a focus on securing the roads; and automatically investigating family members of the Muhammad Taraireh, the murderer of 13-year-old Hallel Yaffa Ariel in Kiryat Arba last week, and “arresting them in accordance with the level of their involvement.”

Source: http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Security-cabinet-approves-aggressive-steps-in-wake-of-recent-attacks-459429

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *