A period of snow and sleet Wednesday morning could bring a few inches to parts of the Tri-State area, making travel hazardous for a time.
Morning clouds will break for some afternoon sun Tuesday. Watch for a few flurries early, mainly north and west of the city. Highs will make it into the upper 30s. Expect increasing clouds late Tuesday night with a low of 30.
Here’s a look at the forecasted snow and sleet amounts:
* Snow Wednesday morning before changing over to rain.
* Periods of moderate rain are expected.
* Light snow will begin around 5 AM Wednesday morning.
* The snow will mix with sleet/freezing rain that will change over to all rain between 10 AM and Noon.
* The rain will begin to taper off early evening between 8 PM and 9 PM and will move out of the area by Midnight.
* There may be a transition back to light snow/freezing rain before the system moves out of the area.
TEMPERATURES (High/Low) & WIND CHILL VALUES
Tuesday: 38/28. Wind chill values between 22 and 33 degrees.
Wednesday: 42/30. Wind chill values between 22 and 36 degrees.
Thursday: 34/27. Wind chill values between 18 and 25 degrees.
0.75 – 1.0 inch
Expected Citywide Total: 1.0 inch.
Maximum High End Potential: 3.0 inches (10% chance).
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)