The State Department in Washington said Friday there was no evidence so far that three terrorist attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait were coordinated.
State Department spokesman John Kirby said the attacks were still being investigated but there was "no indication on a tactical level they were coordinated," according to Reuters.
"Obviously, clearly, they were all terrorist attacks," Kirby added at a news briefing.
Suspected Islamic terrorists killed at least 28 people at a Tunisian seaside resort and 25 worshippers at a Shiite Muslim mosque in Kuwait.
Those attacks came just hours after a Muslim terrorist decapitated one man and injured several others in an attack on a French gas company.
The attacks occurred during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan and the Islamic State (ISIS) group had urged its followers to step up attacks during the fasting month against Christians, Shiites and Sunni Muslims fighting with a U.S.-led coalition against the group.
"I don’t believe investigators are at a level now that they know precisely what motivated each one of these and the degree to which Ramadan itself was a factor," Kirby said, according to Reuters. "It’s just too soon to tell right now."
Earlier on Friday, the White House condemned the series of attacks as "heinous" acts of terrorism, saying it was working with the affected countries to offer any necessary support.
"The United States condemns in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks in France, Kuwait, and Tunisia today," the White House said in a statement quoted by Reuters.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of these heinous attacks, their loved ones, and the people of all three countries," it added.
(Arutz Sheva’s North American desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)