Thousands flock to mass funeral for Saudi attack victims

Tens of thousands of mourners poured into the streets of eastern Saudi Arabia on Monday to attend a mass funeral for victims of last week’s suicide bombing attack at a Shiite mosque that was claimed by the Islamic State group, attendees said. Chanting religious slogans and carrying banners denouncing sectarianism, the mourners made their way with the victims’ bodies along a

route to a cemetery in the village of al-Qudeeh, in the oil-rich eastern Qatif region. The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for Friday’s attack and warned of more “black days” to come for Saudi Shiites. Saudi officials have confirmed the group was behind the blast, which officials said killed 21 people. It was the country’s deadliest terrorist attack since 2004. King Salman has vowed to punish those responsible.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4661205,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *