Toddler suffers serious burns in horrifying BBQ accident

A three-year-old child was injured on Wednesday during a BBQ accident at the Mayan Tzvi Fishing Park in Zichron Yaakov. The boy suffered burns all over his body.

United Hatzalah volunteer emergency responders from the Sharon branch arrived on the scene to provide first aid treatment. The child was then evacuated to a local hospital.

The boy was fully conscious and his condition has been rated as moderate to serious. The child’s father was also injured and was treated at the scene before being transferred to a hospital.

After being admitted to the hospital, the child was sedated and put on a ventilator to assist his breathing. Hospital officials reported that his condition was stable.

Authorities have launched an inquiry into the incident.

Yitzhak Shabatai, a volunteer for United Hatzalah recalled the event.

“I was in the park with family, when my attention was turned to the wounded boy. I ran over and gave first aid to a child about two and a half years of age who had been burned by lighter fluid while a BBQ was being set up. After the first aid treatment at the scene he was transferred – fully conscious – to the hospital for [treatment] of burns all across his body. The father tried to help his son and suffered burns; his injuries [were light] and he was transferred to the hospital.”

The child’s family has called for the public to pray for his full recovery. His name is Ido ben Rachel.

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/211519

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *