Tunisia attacker had never traveled abroad

Tunisia’s Prime Minister said Saturday an initial investigation shows the gunman who killed at least 39 people at a beach resort the previous day was from a village in a poor central region of Tunisia and had never traveled abroad. Habib Essid said Seifeddine Rezgui, who was killed by police after the attack Friday in Sousse, was not previously known by authorities. He said he came from the town of Gaafour in the governorate of Siliana and had been a student at Kairouan university. The Islamic State group has claimed credit for the attack, identifying the gunman by his jihadi pseudonym Abu Yahya al-Qayrawani, the SITE Intelligence Group has reported.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4673231,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *