Tunisia hunts for Libya-trained suspects after hotel attack

TUNIS – Tunisian authorities have arrested 12 people they suspect are linked to the Sousse beach hotel attack on foreign tourists, and are hunting for two men who trained in a Libyan jihadist camp with the Sousse attacker, an official said. Thirty-eight foreigners, most British holidaymakers, were killed in Friday’s attack before the gunman was shot by police. In March, two gunmen killed 21 people at the Tunis Bardo museum, before they were also shot. “This is a group who were trained in Libya, and who had the same objective. Two attacked the Bardo and one attacked Sousse,” Lazhar Akremi, minister for parliamentary relations, told reporters late on Wednesday. “Police are hunting for two more.” The minister said a total of 12 people had already been arrested since Friday’s attack, the worst such massacre in the North African country’s modern history.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4675455,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *