Turkey says comprehensive battle against Islamic State to be launched soon

US aircraft and drones are arriving in Turkish air bases and a comprehensive battle against Islamic State militants will be launched soon, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Wednesday. Turkey formally approved the use of its air bases by US and coalition aircraft in the fight against Islamic State late last month. “As part of our agreement with the US we have made progress regarding the opening up of our bases, particularly Incirlik,” Cavusoglu told state broadcaster TRT. “We’re seeing that manned and unmanned American planes are arriving and soon we will launch a comprehensive battle against Islamic State all together,” he said during a trip to Malaysia.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4687730,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *