Two French families accuse gov’t of negligence for teens’ Syrian trips

PARIS-  Two French families accused their government on Tuesday of negligently allowing their teenagers join extremist fighters in Syria. Taking on the government in civil court, the families say the government’s decision to let children travel abroad without passports or

express permission from parents puts their children in danger. At the hearing, the lawyer for one mother said the woman’s 16-year-old was permitted to travel alone to Turkey with no passport, only his national identity card. By the time she learned about his plans to leave and warned police, in the middle of the night on Dec. 28, 2013, his flight to Istanbul had already left. A lawyer for the government, Charles-Edouard Minet, says a second family has brought a similar case in France’s highest administrative body.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4666681,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *