Two killed in rocket strike in Libya’s Benghazi

Two people were killed when a rocket hit a residential building in the Libyan city of Benghazi on Thursday, bringing the death toll from recent fighting to at least 53 people in the past five weeks, medics said. Forces loyal to Libya’s internationally recognized government have been fighting Islamist groups in the eastern port city, part of a wider struggle in the four years since Muammar Gaddafi was overthrown and killed. Army forces have regained some territory in Benghazi lost last year, but fighters of the Islamist Majlis al-Shura still control several districts and the commercial port area. On Thursday, a rocket hit a residential building, killing two civilians and wounding around four, a hospital medic said. Around 17 civilians have been killed and 90 wounded in artillery and rocket strikes since the start of April.

via ynetnews.com

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4655000,00.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *